Amazon Awakening Cultural Immersion Journey
The Amazon Awakening Cultural Immersion Journey is an intimate, small group intensive immersion course where participants:
- Visit Shipibo-Konibo communities and learn about our collaborative projects
- Learn first-hand from community elders
- Become introduced to their beautiful Panoan language
- Experience and learn about traditional healing ontologies, practices and medicines
- Learn about and practice Shipibo Konibo textile arts
This journey includes a 10-day traditional plant dieta, known as Samá in their language. This sacred and time-honored leaning and healing practice will be led by the female elder and healer Jakon Rate (Manuela Mahua Ahuanari). During that time, participants have the opportunity to experience and practice traditional Shipibo-Konibo healing methods for their own personal heath and wellbeing.